Install the server certificate
Install the root certificate chain
- Open the 'Internet Information Service' console.
- Select the web site (host) for which the certificate was made. Right mouse-click and select 'Properties'.
- Select the 'Directory Security tab.
- Click the 'Server Certificate button.
- The Welcome to the 'Web Server Certificate Wizard" windows opens. Click 'OK'.
- Select 'Process the pending request and install the certificate'. Click 'Next'.
- Enter the location for the certificate file at the "Process a Pending Request window". The file extension might something other than .cer: commonly .txt, .crt, or .pem
- After the correct certificate file is selected, click 'Next'.
- Review the "Certificate Summary" to make sure all information is accurate. Click 'Next'.
- Select 'Finish'.
- Select 'Web Site' at the site properties window if you need to edit your SSL Port 443 settings for this web server. Click 'OK' when done.
- Locate the root certificate file(s) saved during the online retrieval of the server certificate.
- Double-click on the file, and select 'Install Certificate'
Click 'Next' on the first screen of the "Certificate Manager Import Wizard".
Select the option 'Place all certificates in the following store'.
Click 'Browse'. Check 'Show Physical Stores'.
Double-click on the 'Trusted Root Certification Authorities' folder.
- Note: If you downloaded multiple files, you will need to do this for each one
Select 'Local Computer'. Click 'OK'.
Click 'OK', click 'Next', and click 'Finish'.
You will receive a dialog box stating "The import was successful".
- If using multiple files as stated in Step #2, then when viewing the certificate
in Step #2, check if the "Issued to:" and "Issued by:" are the same. If not, then double-click
on 'Intermediate Certification Authorities' in this step instead.